Hi. I’m Kelly Vossberg, a postpartum doula.
I feel so fortunate and honored to support families during such an important time in their lives. The postpartum period although filled with excitement and joy, may also present challenges that can overwhelm even the most prepared families. During this time of transition, I provide parents with nonjudgmental support and encouragement as well as practical advice and resources so they feel confident in their new roles.
As an at home parent for over 15 years, I know firsthand how easily feelings of doubt and inadequacy often undermine your confidence as a parent. My experience and training provide me with the insights and strategies to ensure a positive postpartum transition for you and your family. I am trained and certified as a postpartum doula through DONA. I completed my Lactation Educator Counselor training and certification through the University of California, San Diego CLEC program. I am also certified in both infant and adult CPR.
I am a lifelong resident of the Twin Cities and I love all things Minnesotan, including snow! Married to my childhood sweetheart for 22 years, we are the proud parents of two sons, ages 19 and 16 years old. In my free time I enjoy running, remodeling projects, rock concerts, and spending time with my family and my golden retriever at our cabin in Alexandria, Minnesota.
Formal Education and Training
- DONA International Postpartum Doula Certification
- DONA International Postpartum Doula Training
- Certified Lactation Educator Counselor (CLEC) University of California, San Diego
- Master of Education, Elementary Education, University of Minnesota
- Bachelor of Science, Urban Studies, University of Minnesota
- CPR Certified, Red Cross
- Baby Wearing
- Addiction Recovery
- Over 40
Frequently Asked Questions
- My husband and I hired Kelly after we came home from the hospital with our new twin baby girls. Kelly is an awesome postpartum doula!. I highly recommend Kelly to assist with postpartum care to make your new life as a parent as peaceful and comfortable as possible. It’s a big life adjustment becoming a parent and Kelly sure made it easier by easing my mind and some of the vulnerable feelings I had. Hire Kelly! You will enjoy her positive energy and the balance she creates for you.
- We had a truly stressful first few months of our baby’s life due to medical reasons and I felt as though I was about to lose my mind not having any additional support since my family are all back in the UK. After an initial phone conversation, I felt confident Kelly would be a good fit and I couldn’t have been more right! Kelly is wonderful! She is warm, friendly and makes you feel completely at ease. She’s efficient, organised and willing to help wherever needed (one day we moved the nursery furniture upstairs, including taking apart the crib!). In addition, she’s amazing with my cats, my daughter adores her and she makes me laugh, which is icing on the cake at this point in my life! I highly recommend Kelly, 100%!!!
- Choosing Kelly as our doula was one of the best postpartum decisions we made. She arrived each day with fresh, positive energy and intuitively knew just what to do to keep everyone happy and our home organized. I was able to relax and take a nice long shower and nap every day that she was here! Even though this is our second baby, we learned a lot from Kelly such as new techniques for soothing the baby and she let us practice with her ring sling carrier. Kelly got us through the first few chaotic weeks with our newborn and I like knowing I can reach out to her again in the future for help, support and advice.
We love Kelly! She provided much needed peace of mind on my first day at home without my husband. Her simple breastfeeding tips gave me the confidence that I needed to start breastfeeding at home after experiencing issues with breastfeeding at the hospital. In addition, she showed me how to breastfeed while side lying which is a lifesaver for breastfeeding at night. We’re still using some of the calming tips she suggested when he cries, and the shower and extra sleep I was able to get while she was here helped give me a much needed reset. Thank you Kelly!
- My husband and I hired Kelly to help us the week after we brought our twins home from the hospital. She helped us establish a routine and gave us a lot of wonderful suggestions to stay organized. Kelly allowed us to nap during the day while she somehow managed to care for both babies while doing all our laundry and dishes. She was extremely supportive and enthusiastic, while also having a calming presence. Kelly made me feel in control and confident that I could successfully care for two babies at once. I would highly recommend hiring Kelly as your postpartum doula!
- Kelly has been a God-send. Truly. I recently discovered postpartum doulas (we have a six month old boy) and was unsure if she could still help us since our baby was a bit older – boy, am I glad we connected! She has been a tremendous source of support, encouragement, and good advice; introduced me to baby wearing, and made me feel like I know what I’m doing! I’m an over-40 mom and was struggling to balance my old life and new normal. Kelly has reassured our family (including our 19 year old) that we are doing well and coping just fine. I can’t say enough about how helpful, kind, and knowledgeable she is – I wish I would have connected with her when my son was a newborn!
- Our experience with Kelly was absolutely wonderful. My husband and I often refer to hiring Kelly as one of the best decisions we’ve ever made. The first day Kelly came over alone was worth more than we paid her in total! Completely overwhelmed as brand new parents four days after our daughter was born, Kelly arrived and just saved the day. She taught us some game changing things around breastfeeding and comforting techniques that relieved so much pain and stress. She proactively started completing tasks that were being neglected. She even made me lunch! All while being a comforting presence, putting us totally at ease. Every visit was like this. If you’re a new parent and on the fence about hiring a postpartum doula like I was, just hire her. 🙂
- Our family’s experience was wonderful! From our consultation, I knew she would be a great fit for us. Kelly is continously positive and helpful. During Kelly’s time in our home, I felt so much love and support to be the mom I wanted to be during that time frame. From an emotional viewpoint, because let’s face it, its a very hormonal time period after birth, Kelly was my rock. If I was having a rough day, she let me have a rough day. She was always there to offer a kind word or just a listening ear, with no judgement. She continuously validated me as a mom and wife. We miss her daily, but know that we can’t have her forever. The next family will be getting a fantastic support system in Kelly! We wish her much success!
- Kelly was such a source of support the first two months of our baby girl’s life. She was warm, knowledgeable, and productive. Kelly came to our home twice a week and would get to work taking care of baby, making sure our house was cleaned up, and provided me whatever help I needed at that time—whether it was breastfeeding, bottle feeding, or just providing conversation. We highly recommend hiring her as it was the best postpartum decision we made for our family.
- I’m not exaggerating when I say that the smartest new mom decision I made was hiring Kelly as our postpartum doula. I had almost no newborn experience and struggled with breastfeeding out of the gate. It was such a relief when Kelly arrived during those first chaotic weeks. She helped me troubleshoot everything from nursing to napping to the best ways to soothe. She would literally study our daughter and come up with the best strategies for her care. Kelly has so much wisdom and advice to share that it made my adjusting to being a mom much smoother than it would’ve otherwise been. And it was magical to get a chance to catch up on sleep and then come downstairs to find all the laundry and dishes done as well as a very happy baby. I would highly recommend Kelly to any expecting family.
As a new mom, I hired Kelly to help me after my baby was born. I am so glad that I found her! At every visit, she brought positive energy, encouragement, and practical wisdom. I looked forward to her visits because they left me feeling relaxed, more knowledgeable, and more confident as a new mom. Just one out of so many examples of how Kelly helped me was her mentoring about baby wearing, which is one of her many areas of knowledge. I was interested in learning how to use a baby carrying wrap, so we practiced together, and now I’m confidently wearing my baby daily. Kelly also has a unique ability to understand what babies need, and to calm them – I call her the Baby Whisperer. She is always proactive, making her visits super productive with helping around the house without much direction at all. She is also a great listener – providing perspective and advice from her own experiences with no judgement. I learned so much from Kelly, and my time with her got the entire family off to a great start with our baby. I will forever be thankful for Kelly’s positive impact on my postpartum experience, and her authenticity as a genuinely nice, caring, and loving person. She is truly special, and if you’re thinking of hiring a postpartum doula, you should definitely reach out to her!
Kelly helped me transition my 3 month old daughter from breast to bottle so I could return to work. I cannot thank her enough! Our kiddo absolutely loves to nurse and refused the bottle no matter what we did. We tried for about 5 weeks before Kelly swooped in and saved the day. Her patience and love towards our daughter was absolutely amazing! She not only showed me different techniques, she also offered support via email and phone. After two visits with Kelly, our sweet girl took 2-1/2 ounces! Kelly was gentle, loving, and calm the whole time which I could tell made our little one feel safe and loved. Because of this, she didn’t get frustrated when introduced to the bottle, which allowed her to learn what she needed to do. I wish I knew Kelly with my other two sweethearts; she truly is wonderful! She not only has a love and joy for babies, she has a love for nurturing us mamas during this amazing (yet sometimes stressful) time in our lives. Kelly is full of knowledge, encouragement, thoughtfulness, respect, and she is oh so caring. She truly was a blessing to my family during this stressful time. We never had a problem introducing the bottle to our other two girls, so this was foreign to me. Returning to work is hard enough and having a baby refuse the bottle was even tougher! Kelly helped calm this Mama down and make the transition a lot easier. Thank you, Kelly!
- As both an OB/Gyn and second-time mom, I know the importance of having support in those first weeks with a newborn. Kelly was referred to me through a very trusted midwife at my hospital and I feel so lucky to have met her. She helped me in so many ways, from breastfeeding support to keeping my house from descending into chaos! Whether helping me accomplish the many tasks I set for myself each day or just working to find me time for showers and naps, Kelly made a world of difference to a long recovery after birth and a repeat cesarean section. Kelly has accumulated wisdom from her years of experience and is always willing to offer suggestions and guidance, but does so in a non-judgmental and caring way, and when we ran out of things on our to-do-list, she always found new ways to help around the house. I always felt very sad on the days she was not around! Kelly truly helped get me (and my husband!) through the fourth trimester and I will be forever grateful to her. I could not recommend anyone more highly.
- Before we hired Kelly, I was overwhelmed by parenthood and scared to be left home alone to care for our 6-week-old twins. Thanks to her, we didn’t just survive the first months but created space in our lives to enjoy them and build up our confidence as new parents. She helped me problem-solve breastfeeding and nap challenges, made suggestions to make baby care easier, and taught us a host of skills that made a huge difference. She also provided baby care, washed dishes and laundry, and vacuumed. This gave me time to shower, rest, and bond with my babies. She came each day with tons of energy, looking out for how to be most helpful, and left us each time feeling taken care of. I think there are two things that make Kelly a truly exceptional postpartum doula. First, she is incredibly respectful of what a vulnerable, challenging time having a new baby is. Second, she strikes the perfect balance between listening/observing and suggestions/action. She genuinely cares when she asks “How are you doing?” but she isn’t just an empathetic person to talk to. She provides non-judgmental support, makes suggestions, and follows-up.
Being a new parent is challenging, confusing, and rewarding. I’m grateful we started our journey with Kelly on our team!
- Kelly is absolutely amazing! We met with her soon after we found out we were expecting our second, and were set on having her be a part of our journey! Looking back, I’m not sure how we could have done it without her. Her knowledge on newborns, infants, and toddlers is nothing short of remarkable. She is honest, reliable, hardworking, genuine, smart, competent, and truly professional. The most important things to us were breastfeeding, managing the chaos, and sleep. She helped me ace breastfeeding, see the chaos for what it was (not that), and helped us with helping our little guy. I wish we would have met her the first time around! She is AWESOME with babies and is a blessing of human being! You will be lucky if she chooses to work with you 🙂
- We connected with Kelly through our wonderful birth doula. Our son was a couple of months old and I was needing extra support after my partner returned to work. I’m thankful that Kelly came into our lives — she was just who we needed at just the right time.From the beginning, it was clear that Kelly is a baby whisperer. Our little one immediately responded to her with smiles and a sense of calm. Kelly spoke to him like a person and taught me how to listen to what he was trying to communicate. What was less obvious, but no less true, is that Kelly is also a mama whisperer. Having not been around babies much before the arrival of our son, I lacked confidence and felt sorely incompetent at times. Kelly listened with empathy, provided nonjudgmental guidance and instruction, and offered information and reassurance on what was typical baby behavior. She taught me how to read sleep cues and how to encourage our little guy to nap, modeled babywearing techniques, and helped me incorporate much needed structure into our daily routine. Saying goodbye to Kelly was bittersweet. We would miss her positive energy and mentorship. And yet, the fact that I felt confident and ready to “take it from here” is a testament to Kelly and her work. I feel grateful that Kelly will always be part of our story and our tribe, and I recommend her wholeheartedly to anyone looking for a postpartum doula!