Hi. I’m Kelly Vossberg, a postpartum doula.
I feel so fortunate and honored to support families during such an important time in their lives. The postpartum period although filled with excitement and joy, may also present challenges that can overwhelm even the most prepared families. During this time of transition, I provide parents with nonjudgmental support and encouragement as well as practical advice and resources so they feel confident in their new roles.
As an at home parent for over 15 years, I know firsthand how easily feelings of doubt and inadequacy often undermine your confidence as a parent. My experience and training provide me with the insights and strategies to ensure a positive postpartum transition for you and your family. I am trained and certified as a postpartum doula through DONA. I completed my Lactation Educator Counselor training and certification through the University of California, San Diego CLEC program. I am also certified in both infant and adult CPR.
I am a lifelong resident of the Twin Cities and I love all things Minnesotan, including snow! Married to my childhood sweetheart for 20 years, we are the proud parents of two sons, ages 17 and 14 years old. In my free time I enjoy running, remodeling projects, rock concerts, and spending time with my family and golden retrievers at our cabin in Alexandria, Minnesota.
Formal Education and Training
- DONA International Postpartum Doula Certification
- DONA International Postpartum Doula Training
- Certified Lactation Educator Counselor (CLEC) University of California, San Diego
- Master of Education, Elementary Education, University of Minnesota
- Bachelor of Science, Urban Studies, University of Minnesota
- CPR Certified, Red Cross
- Baby Wearing
- Addiction Recovery
- Over 40
Frequently Asked Questions
- “To have a calm grown-up to help keep our son and baby engaged and for me not to be alone with two children while still recovering from a rough birth and clean dishes and laundry, oh my, amazing! Kelly also wore our baby while I rested so I still felt like she had the attention she needed. Kelly is amazing! Our son keeps asking when she is coming back!”
- The most valuable aspect of Kelly’s support was her enthusiasm for giving attention to our newborn’s older brother. He absolutely adored her! Thank you Kelly!
- Kelly provided me with informative handouts, help with my older son while I pumped and nursed my newborn. She also took care of household chores I was unable to do and made sure I had time for myself. Kelly does an amazing job!
- My husband and I hired Kelly after we came home from the hospital with our new twin baby girls. Kelly is an awesome postpartum doula!. I highly recommend Kelly to assist with postpartum care to make your new life as a parent as peaceful and comfortable as possible. It’s a big life adjustment becoming a parent and Kelly sure made it easier by easing my mind and some of the vulnerable feelings I had. Hire Kelly! You will enjoy her positive energy and the balance she creates for you.
- We had a truly stressful first few months of our baby’s life due to medical reasons and I felt as though I was about to lose my mind not having any additional support since my family are all back in the UK. After an initial phone conversation, I felt confident Kelly would be a good fit and I couldn’t have been more right! Kelly is wonderful! She is warm, friendly and makes you feel completely at ease. She’s efficient, organised and willing to help wherever needed (one day we moved the nursery furniture upstairs, including taking apart the crib!). In addition, she’s amazing with my cats, my daughter adores her and she makes me laugh, which is icing on the cake at this point in my life! I highly recommend Kelly, 100%!!!
- Choosing Kelly as our doula was one of the best postpartum decisions we made. She arrived each day with fresh, positive energy and intuitively knew just what to do to keep everyone happy and our home organized. I was able to relax and take a nice long shower and nap every day that she was here! Even though this is our second baby, we learned a lot from Kelly such as new techniques for soothing the baby and she let us practice with her ring sling carrier. Kelly got us through the first few chaotic weeks with our newborn and I like knowing I can reach out to her again in the future for help, support and advice.
- Kelly was a huge help to our family, I recommend her highly. She helped around the house, showed me how to wear my baby in a Maya sling and best of all was a caring person to talk to. We could not have had Thanksgiving this year without her help! She was always punctual, kind, understanding and super helpful with household chores. Thanks Kelly!
- We love Kelly! She provided much needed peace of mind on my first day at home without my husband. Her simple breastfeeding tips gave me the confidence that I needed to start breastfeeding at home after experiencing issues with breastfeeding at the hospital. In addition, she showed me how to breastfeed while side lying which is a lifesaver for breastfeeding at night. We’re still using some of the calming tips she suggested when he cries, and the shower and extra sleep I was able to get while she was here helped give me a much needed reset. Thank you Kelly!
- My husband and I hired Kelly to help us the week after we brought our twins home from the hospital. She helped us establish a routine and gave us a lot of wonderful suggestions to stay organized. Kelly allowed us to nap during the day while she somehow managed to care for both babies while doing all our laundry and dishes. She was extremely supportive and enthusiastic, while also having a calming presence. Kelly made me feel in control and confident that I could successfully care for two babies at once. I would highly recommend hiring Kelly as your postpartum doula!
- Kelly has been a God-send. Truly. I recently discovered postpartum doulas (we have a six month old boy) and was unsure if she could still help us since our baby was a bit older – boy, am I glad we connected! She has been a tremendous source of support, encouragement, and good advice; introduced me to baby wearing, and made me feel like I know what I’m doing! I’m an over-40 mom and was struggling to balance my old life and new normal. Kelly has reassured our family (including our 19 year old) that we are doing well and coping just fine. I can’t say enough about how helpful, kind, and knowledgeable she is – I wish I would have connected with her when my son was a newborn!
- Our experience with Kelly was absolutely wonderful. My husband and I often refer to hiring Kelly as one of the best decisions we’ve ever made. The first day Kelly came over alone was worth more than we paid her in total! Completely overwhelmed as brand new parents four days after our daughter was born, Kelly arrived and just saved the day. She taught us some game changing things around breastfeeding and comforting techniques that relieved so much pain and stress. She proactively started completing tasks that were being neglected. She even made me lunch! All while being a comforting presence, putting us totally at ease. Every visit was like this. If you’re a new parent and on the fence about hiring a postpartum doula like I was, just hire her. 🙂